Willamette MBA

Conversing about world class management education.

Willamette MBA International Student Receives Study Oregon Scholarship

Willamette MBA Scholarship Recipient Hassan Reda

Hassan Reda, Willamette MBA Scholarship Recipient, enjoying the Oregon Coast

Hassan Reda, a student in Willamette’s Early Career/Career Change MBA program from Lebanon, was the recipient of a scholarship from Study Oregon.  Along with an application detailing his many accomplishments, Hassan wrote about why he enjoys living and learning in Oregon as an international student.

The Willamette University MBA program is a long-time partner of Study Oregon, an affiliation of schools in Oregon promoting programs to international students around the world.  Study Oregon uses electronic brochures, special events and targeted e-mails in their recruitment efforts.

An excerpt from Hassan’s application:

“Oregon is the first place in the U.S that I have ever visited. I have enjoyed many things during my stay so far, and would say the one thing that has really impacted me (and something the Northwest is known for) is the “people” I have met. Northwesterners leave a good impression on everyone they meet. They are very nice, always willing to help, and always greet you with a big smile.

I have also enjoyed the natural beauty of Oregon. People may have a misconception that Oregon rains a lot – but in my experience I have witnessed awesome summer weather and a magnificent fall – and the winter is not as harsh as one might think. It’s a great place to hike, ski and appreciate different aspects of nature.

As a student pursuing an MBA, I would also say that Oregon is great place to study because many big companies are headquartered here, including Nike, Adidas, Intel, and Daimler Trucks North America, among others. Oregon is also a great place for practicing sports. With a reputation as the sports hub of the U.S., Oregon is home to the headquarters of both Nike and Adidas. It is also the state of the Portland Trailblazers NBA basketball team and has one of the best soccer teams in the US, the Portland Timbers. Marathons and runs take place all the time and are fun experiences for students to enjoy. On a final note, I would want to highlight that Oregon is a very green place, not only in terms of nature but in terms of green initiatives and sustainable thinking. It is a great place to learn more about renewable sources of energy, its uses, and its applications.”