Introduction:

flo
My name is Floriane Courtin and I am an exchange student from Belgium. Maybe some of you never heard about that small country. It is located in Europe, bounded on the North by the Netherlands and the North Sea, on the East by Germany and Luxembourg and on the South and Southwest by France. The city of Brussels (where I am from), is internationally important as the headquarters of the European Union and North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). It is the largest city of our country and has about a million inhabitants. The city is incredibly rich in architecture. We have splendid parks, imposing monuments and lots of beautiful buildings. It is really something to see!

I just graduated from High School, and I decided not to begin College right away, but to travel and discover new things! So here I am! I have been in the United Sates since August 21st, and I am going to leave at the end of March, to go to Barcelona! I wish every student could have the chance to travel like I am having. Because I have to say that it is a great and interesting experience. I have learned a lot about myself, discovered another culture, and I have met some great friends.

Next year, I am thinking of going to the Free University of Brussels, to begin my major in Journalism. I would love to become a journalist, to have the opportunity to travel around the world, and to learn more everyday. Or maybe, do volunteer work in Africa (which I already did), to rediscover this magical continent again.