Misuzu from Japan

Misuzu-Japan.jpg
Konnichiwa. Misuzu des. dozo-yoroshiku. Hello, I’m Misuzu. Nice to meet you.
I’m a Japanese language assistant for 2006/2007. However, I may continue in this position for another year.
I like Willamette University because it has a beautiful environment and with nice people. This environment is similar to the one in Albany in Western Australia where I was teaching at elementary school right before I came here.
I was here 4 years ago as a TIUA student. So, you can guess how old I am…. I’m 24.

I had graduated from Tokyo International University, majoring in International Studies and received a diploma in Japanese language teaching. Then, I worked at a language institute as a Japanese language teacher for a year and a half. Most of my students were engineers from Mexico, China, Belgium, and some other Asian countries. I felt a little weird when I started teaching first time because most of students were older than me. However, it was great experience sharing the ideas and learning about different cultures.

I am excited about getting to know more about people here and sharing wonderful times on this new field.