Morteza’s Introduction (Linköping/ Sweden)

morteza copy.jpg
Hi,
My name is Morteza and I’m from Sweden. I am 24 years old, and yes I know, that is old here at Willamette but i manage to cope with my age. I was actually born in Iraq, “moved” to Iran when I was just a few months old, and then sort of “moved” or fled to Sweden when I was 10 years old. I have lived most of my life in Sweden and will primarily report news from that country. But because of my heritage and my interest in politics I probably will also report about Iran. I am also interested in sports, especially football (soccer) and if you are lucky I will also report about some fun and random news about these countries. Every day I spend a lot of time reading the current news so I think that this would be a good way to share my reading for you all.
I am almost done with my Political Science and International Relations studies in Sweden, unless I don’t go to graduate school for a master degree. I do not exactly know what I want to do with my diploma, but I know that I want to do something that will help people. I guess I have to find out exactly how to do that. Last year I had studied at Willamette for one year as an exchange student and I had the time of my life;it was great. I got the opportunity to be back here for one more semester and to write my bachelor thesis at Willamette for my University in Sweden (which I still don’t have a topic for). I know that this will also be a good semester, although it feels a little weird to be back. Also, I want to point out that Sweden is not the same country as Switzerland, both neutral countries, but very different from one another. If you have any questions about these topics, feel free to contact me by email.