Freedom to Love and its Threatened

luis_llc.jpg
Since we are talking in this issue about the different ways that countries celebrate LOVE, I would like to talk about the unconditional and unconventional love that can exist between people of the same sex and the unfair acts that they are subject to. Genetic or Psychological? That really does not matter. The fact is that there is people among us that deserve to have the same rights that heterosexuals do.

I believe that the freedom to marry is fundamental to our society. Equality under the law is a fundamental constitutional guarantee (see Equal Protection Clause) that hate propositions such as Proposition 8 violate. In California, this proposition “mandates one set of rules for gay and lesbian couples and another set for everyone else.”
I come from a country where homosexuals are terribly discriminated, persecuted, bashed and murdered. Even though our constitution protects homosexuals against discrimination in Ecuador, people and government authorities violate it all the time. Gay and lesbian people keep being persecuted and once again they will not be able to celebrate Valentine’s Day in public. Public displays of affection between two people of the same sex in Ecuador could end up in murder.
I came from that country because I believed that the U.S. would give me the opportunities to develop as an equal and normal human being.
We cannot allow hateful rules to change the scenery here. Let’s work towards the country that the founding fathers believed in. The country of FREEDOM.
Freedom to get married to whom I want to!
Please watch this video and then, if you feel as we do, please share it with your friends. The more people that see this video, the more people will understand the pain caused by Prop 8 and Ken Starr’s shameful legal proceeding:

“Fidelity”: Don’t Divorce… from Courage Campaign on Vimeo.
http://www.couragecampaign.org/Divorce