Sakina from India

sakina.jpg
Hello Readers, I am Sakina Vohra from Mumbai, India. I am in my first year of graduation at the Atkinson Graduate School of Management. I am in the US for just over a month and so I still feel homesick. Well to make myself feel better and to pass on some great information to the readers, I am writing about the most beautiful places that you can visit while to plan your next trip to India…

Personally, places in the State of Rajasthan (literally meaning “Land of the Kings”), located in the Western part of India, are my favorite. I feel some kind of connection to that place, and I am sure you would feel the same once you experience the culture and hospitality. Few destinations that should definitely be on your list are, Jaipur, also known as the Pink city, is known for rich history and royal architecture. Jodhpur a city at the edge of the Thar Desert, is famous for its blue homes and architecture. We have Udaipur also known as the ‘Venice’ of India. It’s popular for pavilions, gardens, groves, exquisite lakes and island palaces, monsoon palaces- actually, it has a palace for all the reasons. Trust me, hospitality and warmth are the two aspects that you will take back when you leave Rajasthan (by the way, you will never feel like leaving). The best time to visit Rajasthan according to me is November to January as the weather is just so beautiful.
The second destination that you should plan for is State of Kerala (also known as God’s Own Country) located in the southern part of India and considered to be one of India’s most beautiful states. Kerala is named as one of the “ten paradises of the world” and “50 places of a lifetime” by the National Geographic Traveler magazine. Popular attractions in the state include the beaches, the hill stations, national parks and wildlife sanctuaries, the “backwaters” and Heritage sites. Cities such as Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram are popular centers for their shopping and traditional theatrical performances. During early summer, the Thrissur Pooram is conducted, attracting foreign tourists who are largely drawn by the festival’s elephants and celebrants. The best time to visit Kerala is October to March.
Well if this information wasn’t enough to persuade you to go India, then I think you should visit http://www.incredibleindia.org/. Well thank you all who read all of this. Till next time. Take care.
Sakina Vohra