Road Trip

saskia_witspro.jpg
Hey to you all. I hope you had also a great winter break either at home with your family and friends or on the road like many of us. In my winter break I went traveling South on the West coast to see all fancy places I ever wanted to see if I was ever in America. This year was the time and I had the money to let the plan become true. I went to Redwood National Park, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Grand Canyon which we sadly just saw by night with icy temperatures.

I also went to Las Vegas where I also celebrated New Years Eve. Las Vegas calls itself as “The Entertainment Capital of the World. The city is famous for the number of casino resorts and associated entertainment. It is the 28th most populous city in the United States with an estimated population in the metropolitan area is 1,865,746. Established in 1905, Las Vegas officially became a city in 1911. With the growth that followed, at the close of the century Las Vegas was the most populous American city founded in the 20th century and is still today. Las Vegas is also called Sin City, because of the large feature of adult entertainment.
I celebrated New Years on the Vegas Strip, which is an approximately 3.8 miles long. The Strip lies in the unincorporated areas of Paradise and Winchester. Most of “the Strip” has been designated an All-American Road. The whole Strip was full with people from all over the World. I haven’t seen such a big crowed of people mingled together to celebrate into a new year. I was standing in front of the big well known Bellagio Hotel and we had a view to all the fireworks from the different Hotels, but the best had “Planet Hollywood” which was just amazing to watch.
We stayed 3 days in Las Vegas, but the time was still too short. I haven’t seen everything, but still Las Vegas is just the best city to go forfun on a weekend with all your close friends. Of course Las Vegas is a total different scene than a city like Los Angeles or San Francisco. I liked my San Francisco trip the most. The city has an alternative flair and things to see for every age.
Vegas.jpg