October 2010
    « May   Nov »
     12
    3456789
    10111213141516
    17181920212223
    24252627282930
    31  

Assalam Alikoum

Maria.jpg
Hi everyone, as you noticed the title of my entry is “asalam alikoum” which is “hello” in Arabic. My name is Maria Aarabi. I am a 21 years old Moroccan girl who has always dreamed about coming to US and knowing more about it. I am here at Willamette based on the exchange program done by my home university, “AL AKHAWAYN” for 1 semester which means unfortunately I will be leaving this awesome place in a few months :( :( . But let’s think now only about positive things. So, I am a junior student and I am double majoring in Finance and Marketing. I live in one of the historical cities in Morocco which is Meknes, a city full of amazing places, full of history and background. I spent the best moments there that I will never forget: family, childhood experiences, first best friend, first love …

Actually I have never traveled outside my country! Why? Simply because I never could be separated from my parents or my friends. I have never been able to live a long period of time so far from them; the longest I have ever spent far from my family was 1 week and now it is my 7th week in US!! So why have I chosen to be a part of this adventure? I have always felt that I needed time for myself; time to communicate with myself and know more about it! I love experiencing new things, challenging myself, and even putting myself in hard situations in order to see how I will react. Then came this idea of the USA; a country that we have always heard about, films, series, stories, etc. Some people say that it is the best and the most beautiful country ever; some say that it is a dangerous and unsafe place! So I decided to come and to discover it on my own. 7 weeks now and I really don’t regret my decision; I have really enjoyed every single second and am still willing to enjoy more!
WELCOME TO MY WORLD