Halloween

Andisiwe.jpg
“Moloweni manene nam nenekazi!”
“Molweni manene namanenekazi” is hello ladies and gentlemen in isiXhosa language (my mother tongue).
Let’s get into business! Halloween???? This will be my first time celebrating Halloween in my life. Most South Africans do not celebrate Halloween because it is not part of their culture but some South Africans do (university students).

My understanding of Halloween, is that, it is an annual holiday observed on October 31. It has roots in the Celtic festival of Samhain and the Christian holiday All Saints’ Day, but is today largely a secular celebration. Common Halloween activities include trick-or-treating, wearing costumes and attending costume parties, carving jack-o’-lanterns, ghost tours, bonfires, apple bobbing, visiting haunted attractions, committing pranks, telling ghost stories or other frightening tales, and watching horror films. It is largely celebrated by Ireland, Canada, United States and other places.
I have very high expectations of “my first ever Halloween celebration.” I hope to meet crazy people, see weird outfits and have too much fun. I have not decided yet on what costume to wear but will definitely think about it as time gets closer.
Halloween you better come soon, I’m ready for the experience!!!!!