La gastronomie à la française

Mikhal.jpg
France is well-known in the world for its gastronomy. I am not myself an expert on the topic (I think some people expect all French to be wonderful chefs) but like many people, I know a few things about French food. First, it is characterized by its diversity. There are many French dishes that are famous all around the world. What if I say “Boeuf Bourguignon”? (beef bourguignon) And “Foie gras”? France is also famous for its great pastry. Do you know what “la charlotte aux fraises” is? It’s a cake made with strawberries and ladyfingers and, I can tell you that it’s absolutely delicious (take a look at the picture and you’ll be convinced). I heard about a French bakery in Portland. It’s called “St Honore Boulangerie”. If you like French food, maybe you should stop by there. You’ll probably find what you’re looking for… Here is the link of their website: http://www.sainthonorebakery.com/

In 2010, French gastronomy was added to Unesco’s World Heritage list as part of the “intangible cultural heritage of humanity” and recently, the French government has started a new campaign called “So French, so good”… We can say that France is really proud of its gastronomy.
charlotte aux fraises.jpg
foiegras.jpg