Hello!

Hello everyone! My name is Rie Maeda. I am the Japanese language assistant. My hometown is Ibaraki, which is close to Tokyo, about 40 minutes away by train.

Natto a special product of Ibaraki Prefecture. Do you know it? It has a bad smell. But almost all Japanese love it. It is very popular in Japan. But I don’t like it. If I say ” I hate it”, most Japanese people say ” No way! Why do you hate it?

I graduated from Tokyo International University one year ago. My major was International relations, so I am interested in learning about the world. When I was a college student, I visited Combodia, Australia and Mongolia. I had great experiences there. After that, I had taught Japanese in Tokyo for one year. I taught Japanese in Japanese when I was there, because students were from many different countries and Japanese was the only common language.

And now I am at Willamette University! On every Wednesday 10:00~12:00/2:00~4:00 and Thursday 4:30~6:30, I have Tutoring Hours at World Language Stadio. And Japanese dinner Table is on every Wednesday 5:30~7:00 at Goudy.  If you have any questions, please ask me or send me an email!

1. 1 Comment(s)

2.   By John Patzer on Oct 12, 2012 | Reply

Welcome!

We’re you also a TIUA student?

Do you know Naomi Aihara, Junko Matsunaga, Marina Kawaguchi, or Akiko Kojima?

My wife Mary and I have been associated with TIUA (Tomodachi Program) for about 20 years.

How do you like it here?

John