Hola Willamette

Hi everybody! this is Matias Torres and I am the Spanish language assistant this year at Willamette thanks to the Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistant program and  Willamette University. First I am going to tell you a little bit about myself. I am 29 years old and I am originally an English teacher in Argentina. I work at four different places there. I teach English language and literature in English in two bilingual high schools and I also teach two classes (English Language II and Children and Young Adult Literature) at a Teacher Training College. I also teach business English and I am the interpreter and translator at a company that produces and exports grape juice concentrates.

Even though I got my teaching degree in 2009 I have been teaching for 9 years now and last year I decided that I was going to apply for a scholarship to teach and study abroad. The process was not easy at all but it was worth the effort! Only 23 teachers out of 80 were selected to participate in the program and I was very lucky to be selected by Willamette to be a language assistant here.

In Argentina, I live in a province called Mendoza, which is located in the Midwest of Argentina. Mendoza is a very famous province for the wine production, So much so that some years ago it became the eighth Wine Capital total of the world! Here is a video that you can see to get to know little bit more about what wine represents to Mendoza.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd77kB7Hvpo

Mendoza Capital Mundial del Vino

As regards traveling abroad, this is my second time in the US. The first time I was living in Wyoming for five months on another exchange program in 2007. After we finished with the program I traveled with my friends to many parts of the United States. That trip really marked my life since I developed a taste for traveling. After that, I have been to some countries in Latin America and to a couple more in Europe as well.

I am really happy to be here and I hope I can help as many people as possible! Hope to see you around!

1. 2 Comment(s)

2.   By uc.shi720.com on Oct 15, 2014 | Reply

Hmm is anyone else having problems with the images on this
    blog loading? I’m trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if
    it’s the blog. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

3.   By djhender on Feb 9, 2015 | Reply

We haven’t noticed any problems on our part. Let us know if the issue is fixed for you or if you are still experiencing problems.

~The WWN Team