If only Sarlat-La-Canéda PD could compete with Brooklyn nine-nine…

Of course, it was for the sake of my title. I have nothing against the police of Sarlat-La-Canéda -who could have anything against the policemen of such a charming old French village like this? But sometimes, I find myself thinking of how great it would be if the French law enforcement was half as cool as the one we see in Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Oh wait! Actually, we might have something in common with it: “The Law, without the order.” First of all, it has to do with the great complexity of our law enforcement’s structure. Indeed, there are so many different types of policemen in France that, in the end, you’d rather consider chasing after the guy who just stole your purse than deciding on which kind of policeman it is more appropriate to call. I am not saying that in France we usually exercise justice ourselves, but since there are so many institutions involved in the process, it can be really slow.

The other reason why it is hard to take French law enforcement seriously is because they do not benefit a lot of money. And it shows. Take a simple example: when you want to compare the French and the American cars, it gives this (I let you imagine which car is French):

When it comes to the law enforcement popularity, it is quite mitigated. On the one hand, the seniors are really supporting the law enforcement -the older, the wiser! On the other hand, the young generations -the romantic ones that are only dreaming about freedom, are allergic to the slightest form of authority and, as a matter of fact, they don’t like policemen. Let’s put it that way: for the fierce goofy French youth, policemen are like the little sister who is going to rat out to your parents. If you ask me what I think about it, it’s simple: life is teamwork so we should learn to work together, even if sometimes, it’s easy to make fun of the “poulets” (chickens, how we call them). Valentine out!

1. 1 Comment(s)

2.   By djhender on Feb 24, 2015 | Reply

Hahahaha funny as always Valentine <3 And I definitely recognise the last picture, brilliant! hahahaha