header image

Wenwen from China says “hello” to everyone

Posted by: wzhang | September 27, 2012 Comments Off |

Hi everyone~ 大家好~Da jia hao~

I’m Wenwen and I come from China. My last name is Zhang, and I have an English name Victoria. But most of the people I met here  think Wenwen is better than Victoria, because it‘s easy to pronounce. When I introduce myself to others, I always tell them”Wen’s pronunciation is similar to When in English. Like when did you have your breakfast, that When.” Usually people can pronounce it easily and correctly.

I am a graduate student at Jinan University in Guangzhou, in the Southeast part of China.

My major is teaching Chinese as a foreign language, and I have already studied it for 6 years. I really love teaching Chinese, and I am really happy that there are some people who are  interested in my language and culture.

I am very happy to be here at Willamette. Salem is a great place to live and Willamette is a good university. Lots of students here think Salem is too small and there isn’t much entertainment. To me Salem is a nice peaceful place to enjoy life, especially right now with the clear warm weather. The sky is blue, and the trees and grass are light green. There are not too many noisy cars on the street. The whole scenery makes my mind calm down, helping me enjoy every moment in a day. I love it.

Salem is quite different from the city where I lived in China. The city I studied in for 6 years is Guangzhou, which is the third largest international modern city in China.

See, this is Guangzhou! So many skyscrapers and so many automobiles. It is quite different from Salem.

Oh~ Even though the traffic is crazy in Guangzhou, the food there is really superb!

Are you hungry? The cuisine in China is fantastic! I wish you all can have a trip to China to taste authentic Chinese Cuisine~

So in order to have a more convenient communication with local people in China, come on and learn Chinese here in Willamette! I will always be here for you for free tutoring! Come on!

under: Uncategorized

Categories