Oct 21 2009

zgarrett

Movie Night: L’auberge espagnole

Posted at 3:24 pm under Uncategorized

Salut tout le monde!
As I told you in my last email, our next movie night will take place next week. The movie that I will show is called ”L’auberge espagnole” (The Spanish appartment). The movie was directed by Cedric Klapisch and was released in 2002.

The movie tells the story of Xavier, a French student, who decides to go on an exchange program in Barcelona. There he shares an apartment with a bunch of students from all over Europe. Gradually Xavier learns to integrate and to enjoy his life as a student…
”L’auberge espagnole’ was nominated for many awards in France and is certainly Klapisch’s most acclaimed movies. Indeed, with this movie, the French director manages to give a vivid depiction of what it is like to be immersed in another culture and renders fairly well the experience of studying abroad (which might be interesting for those of you who are planning to study abroad at some point).
Here is a trailer for the movie:

As usual, the movie will be shown in French with English subtitles. I hope to see many of you on Thursday October 29 at 7 PM in Walton B21!

No responses yet

Comments are closed at this time.