The end of the semester is finally here! But before you go, I would like to do a quick recap of the resources and topics covered in the LLC’s Russian blog. The next issue of WIllamette World News will be covering the different Christmas traditions held by Willamette international students, so be sure to check that out.
Even though the past issues of the blog are available on the website, I will do a quick review of the topics we covered this semester.
1. Cyrillic alphabet for personal computers- enables Russian learners to interact in online exercise
2. MIXXER- an excellent way to communicate with other language learners around the globe
3. Satellite TV in the LLC- just one more medium through which to increase your understanding of Russian
4. Willamette World News- good way to participate with and learn to know some of Willamette’s amazing international students
5. WordChamp- a very useful online flashcard tool with many different languages and capabilities
6. Rosetta Stone Russian- Russian software available for use in the LLC, beginning to advanced levels
7. Delicious- a great way to store your bookmarks online, useful for sharing language sites
8. conradish.net- Russian sites annotated in English, explore some of the great Russian authors
9. Russian grammar links- accessible through the LLC website, useful for perfecting that Russian grammar
Willamette World News
If you haven’t yet read through the WWN site, do it! Not only are the articles interesting, the posts are written by Willamette’s own international students. This next issue will be focusing on holiday traditions around the world.