Sep 13 2012

imiranda

Who am I?

Posted at 12:15 pm under My Spanish Space, Uncategorized

I grew up in a town that is fourteen thousand feet above sea level. The place is called, Potosi, located in Bolivia, South America. Somebody once said Potosi is “the Tibet of the Americas.” The city, which is cold all year round, is the opposite of the Amazon (temperature wise and altitude) – also in Bolivia. Potosi is the place were I started my academic career; from elementary to high school. As soon I finished high school, I moved to Cochabamba, to continue my education. The University of San Simon there become my Alma Matter, there I studied economics. In 1997 I moved to Germany where I studied the language (German) and experienced the culture for more than two years. In 2000 I arrived in the United States, at that time I did not know any English, so I took one semester of intensive English class at Parkland College in Champaign, Illinois and followed two years of general education classes at the same institution. By 2004, I transferred to Eastern Illinois University in Charleston, Illinois, where, in 2006, I graduated with Bachelor of Arts in Foreign Languages. In 2008 – 2009 I attended the Masters in Spanish Program at the University of Oregon, and currently I am an MBA student at Texas A&M University.
Growing up, studying economics, and working in Bolivia; traveling to some Latin American, Asian, and European countries, being in Germany for two years, and currently living and studying in the United States make me a walking example of cultural interaction who wants to share and transmit his experiences.

No responses yet

Comments are closed at this time.