Mix tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lemon juice, and jalapeno pepper into mashed avocado until well combined; season with salt and black pepper.
Spread guacamole evenly on tostadas.
2- Chocotorta (no-bake chocolate cookie and dulce de leche cake!)
– Chocolinas (or other chocolate cookie. Mother’s Double Fudge Sandwich Cookies worked like a charm!)
– Dulce de Leche
– Cream cheese
1- Beat four spoonfuls of dulce de leche with the cream cheese until mixed (if you use sandwich cookies, don’t throw the filling away. Add it to the mix!)
2- Mix the milk and cocoa. Soak the cookies in the mixture.
3- Layer the dulce de leche mixture in a pan with the chocolate cookies. Continue altering layers of dulce de leche and cookies. You might want to put grated chocolate on top.
4- Place in the freezer for a few hours.
5- Listo! Ready to eat.
Hey everyone! We hope your summer break is going well. If you have some extra time on your hands and you feel like trying some new, you should give these recipes a go (Spanish club tested, Spanish club approved!)
1- Ceviche (serves 10 people)
– 4 avocadoes- medium size (diced)
– ½ a bunch of Cilantro (finely chopped)
– 5-6 tomatoes (diced)
– 2-3 cucumbers (peeled and diced)
– 1-2 cups of Clamato-tomato juice
– 12 limes for lime juice
– 1-2 bags of crab meat
– 2 large bags of extra small shrimp
– 2 bags of tostadas
– Salsa- i.e. Tapatío
1. Rinse shrimp and put it on a bowl.
2. Add lime juice (8 limes) to the shrimp and refrigerate for an hour.
3. In another bowl put the crab meat, it needs to look like shredded crab meat and add lime juice (2 limes).
4. After an hour, shrimp should be ready. Rinse any extra lime juice.
5. Combine shrimp and crab meat.
6. Then add the tomatoes, cucumbers and cilantro.
7. Add 2 cups of Clamato, and mix. You can add as much as you want.
8. Then grab a tostada and put ceviche, avocado, and salsa.