Hey everyone! We hope your summer break is going well. If you have some extra time on your hands and you feel like trying some new, you should give these recipes a go (Spanish club tested, Spanish club approved!)
1- Ceviche (serves 10 people)
– 4 avocadoes- medium size (diced)
– ½ a bunch of Cilantro (finely chopped)
– 5-6 tomatoes (diced)
– 2-3 cucumbers (peeled and diced)
– 1-2 cups of Clamato-tomato juice
– 12 limes for lime juice
– 1-2 bags of crab meat
– 2 large bags of extra small shrimp
– 2 bags of tostadas
– Salsa- i.e. Tapatío
1. Rinse shrimp and put it on a bowl.
2. Add lime juice (8 limes) to the shrimp and refrigerate for an hour.
3. In another bowl put the crab meat, it needs to look like shredded crab meat and add lime juice (2 limes).
4. After an hour, shrimp should be ready. Rinse any extra lime juice.
5. Combine shrimp and crab meat.
6. Then add the tomatoes, cucumbers and cilantro.
7. Add 2 cups of Clamato, and mix. You can add as much as you want.
8. Then grab a tostada and put ceviche, avocado, and salsa.
2- Alfajores de Maicena
-All-purpose flour 1 2/3 cups
-Maizena (corn starch) 2 1/2 cups
-Baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
-Baking powder 2 teaspoons
-Butter 200 grams
-Sugar 3/4 cup
-Egg yolks 3
-Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
-Grated lemon zest 1-2 teaspoons
Preparation: there are many recipes available online. I (Lucía) decided to go for the one that best resembles my grandma’s. You can find it here: https://pipinthecity.wordpress.com/2007/02/25/argentina-101-part-iii-dulce-de-leche-basics-alfajores-de-maizena/