Round two! It’s the season for Guacamole and Chocotorta!
1- Guacamole (Source: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/221286/traditional-mexican-guacamole/)
– 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
– 1 cup chopped tomatoes
– 1/4 cup chopped onion
– 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
– salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Mash avocados in a bowl until creamy.
- Mix tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lemon juice, and jalapeno pepper into mashed avocado until well combined; season with salt and black pepper.
- Spread guacamole evenly on tostadas.
2- Chocotorta (no-bake chocolate cookie and dulce de leche cake!)
– Chocolinas (or other chocolate cookie. Mother’s Double Fudge Sandwich Cookies worked like a charm!)
– Dulce de Leche
– Cream cheese
1- Beat four spoonfuls of dulce de leche with the cream cheese until mixed (if you use sandwich cookies, don’t throw the filling away. Add it to the mix!)
2- Mix the milk and cocoa. Soak the cookies in the mixture.
3- Layer the dulce de leche mixture in a pan with the chocolate cookies. Continue altering layers of dulce de leche and cookies. You might want to put grated chocolate on top.
4- Place in the freezer for a few hours.
5- Listo! Ready to eat.