Tellus

Tellus: (tel’us), n. 1. [Latin] earth, soil, and the land; a country; the world. 2. a collection of Willamette University student’s insights, stories, photos and thoughts from their experiences studying abroad.

The Secret Garden

Menlo2.JPG
After heading back from exploring an abandoned castle on the Corrib River (in the outskirts of Galway, Ireland), I came across this forgotten shed in someone’s backyard. It really struck me that something so plain and unremarkable could transform into something so beautiful. I loved how the gate had become so tangled with the overgrowth that it had actually rusted open. Even with the way the shed’s door had been left ajar, everything was just so inviting and welcoming. It was particularly touching to me because I had come to Ireland expecting to see the countryside, not the big cities. I was leaving in about a week and really hadn’t seen much of what I had assumed would be commonplace. I had walked this way with a friend before, but I didn’t really notice this area; we were concentrating on finding our way to the castle and back without getting terribly lost (or terribly soaked). It’s funny how something can be completely hidden one moment and suddenly appear in front of you the next.

1. 2 Comment(s)

2.   By John Ragel on Jul 30, 2010 | Reply

Cheers for the post friend, maybe you is a professional. I think you is. Respec, Hilary

3.   By patio furniture sets on Jul 31, 2010 | Reply

If you are thinking of spending lots of time on the patio furniture, you will want something that looks good, matches your décor and is comfortable to sit in for hours. You should research exactly what you want, whether that is wrought iron or wood teak patio furniture, as your goal is ultimate relaxation and comfort.