Tellus

Tellus: (tel’us), n. 1. [Latin] earth, soil, and the land; a country; the world. 2. a collection of Willamette University student’s insights, stories, photos and thoughts from their experiences studying abroad.

February 2010
    « Oct   Oct »
     123456
    78910111213
    14151617181920
    21222324252627
    28  

• No categories

Alive in Vietnam

http://Upon-Returning.deviantart.com/art/Alive-In-Vietnam-152108186

I took this picture while traveling Vietnam. It was taken in a small town named Tam Coc, meaning “Three Caves” after the underground waterways one can visit via hired rowboats. This picture is significant to me because traveling through Vietnam was my first experience of truly traveling on my own. Traveling independently in Vietnam was one of the most rewarding experiences of my time abroad because it was a time when I began to learn about myself and what I am capable of. Relying on myself for two weeks, I found out how I deal with the unexpected, appreciate the beautiful, and discover the unknown. I took this picture while hiking in the mountains of Tam Coc. There are two women in the Tam Coc river, throwing nets to catch the small fish that spawn in the still water. The scenery around me was overwhelmingly beautiful, and I wanted to submit this picture because I feel that this comes close to showing what I experienced.

1. 2 Comment(s)

2.   By David Solomon on Feb 15, 2010 | Reply

This is trash

3.   By Hassan Etchinson on Jul 30, 2010 | Reply

Respect for the posting writer man, be you a guru. I fink you is. Respect, Amy