Tellus

Tellus: (tel’us), n. 1. [Latin] earth, soil, and the land; a country; the world. 2. a collection of Willamette University student’s insights, stories, photos and thoughts from their experiences studying abroad.

From Galway to Salem

Returning from Ireland has been an emotional experience for me. It was so nice to be in a place where I could take time to explore an entirely new environment. My academic load was much less than it is now, and I spent much more of my time away from school, interacting with new people and learning from my experiences. Everyday presented basic challenges that from a local’s perspective I’m sure could be very boring and mundane, but to my eyes were exciting. I really enjoyed being challenged on an experiential level rather than an academic one. Now that I am home I am enjoying my classes and seeing old friends, but it is easy to get weighed down by how routine my life here has become. I hope to have the chance to travel again soon. I am so glad I had the opportunity to discover how much I enjoy being abroad.