Tellus

Tellus: (tel’us), n. 1. [Latin] earth, soil, and the land; a country; the world. 2. a collection of Willamette University student’s insights, stories, photos and thoughts from their experiences studying abroad.

Adventures in Aoteoroa

My time spent in New Zealand surpassed all of my expectations leading up to the trip. Immediately, I fell in love with the raw beauty of New Zealand. Dramatic landscapes are found wherever you go, with seemingly every vista worthy of a postcard. And Kiwis truly are some of the friendliest, most genuine people I’ve ever met. Everyone lives a laid-back lifestyle, and everyone I met was hospitable, and genuinely excited to hear about me and where I’m from. But Kiwis are fiercely loyal, and have such a deep love and respect for New Zealand. And frankly, it’s not hard to understand why. I too fell in love with this little country on the other side of the world, far more than I thought I would. I met some of the most welcoming, friendly, and most importantly, fun-loving people I ever have. And I was constantly floored by the majesty of Aoteoroa, as the Maori call it. I’ll be back very soon, maybe even for longer this time.