Tellus

Tellus: (tel’us), n. 1. [Latin] earth, soil, and the land; a country; the world. 2. a collection of Willamette University student’s insights, stories, photos and thoughts from their experiences studying abroad.

Soccer game in Angers, France

This picture was taken at a "football" game in Angers. One of my French conversation partners had an extra ticket and I was lucky enough to go with him. This year was the first time that Angers was in the first league in France, and they were ranked #2 behind Paris for quite a while! The game was extremely loud for being in such a small stadium (compared to the ones here in the US) and the fans were slightly crazy (we heard about knife fights happening). Although the match ended at 0-0, it was an amazing experience that made me feel like a true Français. Allez le SCO!

This picture was taken at a “football” game in Angers. One of my French conversation partners had an extra ticket and I was lucky enough to go with him. This year was the first time that Angers was in the first league in France, and they were ranked #2 behind Paris for quite a while! The game was extremely loud for being in such a small stadium (compared to the ones here in the US) and the fans were slightly crazy (we heard about knife fights happening). Although the match ended at 0-0, it was an amazing experience that made me feel like a true Français. Allez le SCO!